Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Marine Parade

It's been a hard few months. I've been readjusting to everything since mum passed away. I've done the ob photog job here and there to get by, but otherwise, it's been frankly depressing. Utilities companies don't really care when you call them to say that Kim Huynh has passed away. Government departments are worse. Every time I check the mail box, a new letter comes for mum. Another phone call has to be made. A token 'were sorry for your loss' is uttered, shortly followed by 'now fill out his heap of forms'.

Depressing huh? I thought so too. Last year, mum and I visited Malaysia and Singapore. I had happy memories walking through the streets. So it was with was that in mind that I decided that I would head back.

The stars aligned and my cousin Huy, is working in the land of the Merlion.. which equals free accommodation! So, here I am. Once again, trolling through the streets of this asian giant. Here are pics from yesterday.

A Hindu Priest at Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Little India

A Hindu Priest offers salutations to Ganesh at Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Little India

A Hindu Priest offers milk at Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Little India

Courtyard at the temple. 

Why can't Australian train stations be this nice?!



I don't know why, but I enjoy having haircuts overseas. This barber in Little India was awesome. Haircut and a straight razor shave. He decided to shave my cheekbones, and my earlobes, which is admittedly weird, but the guy has skills!
Haircut selfie. 
View from the Marina Bay Sands boat thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment